Lindsley Earth Sciences Reading Room
Reading Room Location and Hours
The Lindsley Earth Sciences Reading Room, located in Miller Hall, Bruce Wing, is now closed. The library books and geology maps have been moved to the Engineering & Science Library.
Departmental theses (graduate and undergraduate) are housed in Bruce Wing. Please contact the Geology department's main office if you wish to view these theses.
The Geological Maps Collection
As of August 2010, the Queen's University Library's collection of geological maps is housed on the first floor of the Engineering & Science Library. The collection includes:
- Geological Survey of Canada A series maps (1875 to present)
- Assorted GSC Geophysical Series maps
- Assorted Geological Society of America (GSA) maps
- Ontario Geological Survey maps
- United States Geological Survey (USGS) maps
- Various provincial geological survey maps
- Maps from DOM and the Ontario Bureau of Mines
Locate a Map
Search online: Geological Map Collection Inventory.
Status of the Collection Inventory
Please note that the searchable online inventory is an ongoing project that began in June 2006. Only a portion of the collection is currently recorded in the inventory. As of August 2010: the database contains all GSC A series maps from 1911 to 2006, all of the the GSC Preliminary series, and some of the Quebec Bureau of Mines maps. Updates will appear on this site as more maps are added to the inventory.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Last Updated: 14 December 2010