Library Service Quality Survey 2007
LibQUAL+ Working Group
Terms of Reference
To support the planning, implementation and analysis of the ARL LibQUAL+ Survey to measure and assess library service quality at Queen's. Report results of survey to Library System via the Management Team.
- Analyze the previous LibQUAL+ survey process, considering its successes and areas for improvement.
- Develop & implement survey planning timeline with key milestones
- Identify appropriate sample population, data source to provide valid email addresses for sample (e.g. library patron file) and method for extracting the data
- Identify and coordinate selection of optional survey questions in conjunction with other members of the LibQUAL Canada Consortium
- Complete online Survey Preferences and Demographics Questionnaire
- Coordinate pre-test of preview LibQUAL+ survey
- Develop and implement communication program announcing and publicizing the survey to the University Community at large, and specific messages for the selected participants.
- Support the LibQUAL+ Survey Primary Contact in responding to participants' questions and comments during the survey.
- Report the survey results to Library Management Team to inform services planning by:
- identifying best practices in provision of library services
- identifying areas for service changes and improvement
- identifying areas needing further or more in-depth assessment
- Support the LibQUAL+ Survey Primary Contact in completing the LibQUAL+ Post-Hoc Questionnaire
Primary liaison is with Management Team; communication with Home Teams, Functional Teams, University community, and colleagues at other LibQUAL Canada Consortium members: http://library.queensu.ca/webir/canlibqual/canlibs.htm.
- Wenyan Wu - EngSci & ASFT
- Amanda Ross-White - Bracken & ISI
- Jackie Druery - LRS & RCFT
- Marlyn Fairley - Systems (Ex Officio)
- Sam Kalb - Project Coordinator (Primary LibQUAL+ Contact)
- Heather Compeau - Education
- Jeff Moon - MADGIC & Gateway
- Virginia Haggerty - Law
- Lucinda Walls - Music & Spec. Coll.