If you are a school in the Western Region, please use Tuesday as your booking date in the TRC Advanced Booking system.
Please be aware that on September 1st our hours will be changing to reflect the start of a new school year!
September 1st to May 31st our hours of operation will be:
Monday to Wednesday 8:30-7:00.
Thursday and Friday 8:30-4:30.
Closed on weekends and statutory holidays.
Winter Break: December 24th (at noon) to January 4th 2016.
PLEASE BE AWARE!
There are important and critical changes concerning the lending of items coming to the Teacher Resource Centre for the 2015/2016 school year. These changes will have a significant effect on all our patrons, and it is important that everyone who borrows from us knows what is changing. Please click the link above for the complete list.
Changes to Courier
• This coming school year will feature some significant changes to the courier schedule.
• We expect there to be a period of adjustment for everyone as we become accustomed to this new schedule.
• Please consult with your office manager as to when your specific courier pick up/drop off day is now.
• Whenever possible, book items at least a week in advance. When booking on short notice, we recommend you pick the item up in person.
• Generally: north of Hwy 7 will be on Tuesdays; immediately north and west of the city will be on Wednesdays; the perimeter and very core of the city will be on Thursdays; and the rest on Fridays.
• The Western Region Schedule (beyond Napanee) will be updated when we have that information.
Changes to Lending Period
• Media items will have a lending period of two weeks.
• All other items will have a lending period of four weeks.
• Each item can be renewed three times, so long as another teacher has not requested the item, in which case, we will send you a notification.
• Make the renewal either online or by calling us before your due date.
• Our system cannot send warnings of approaching due dates.
• We suggest that you regularly check the status of your items in your online profile on our website.
• We send once-a-month overdue notifications, which remind you which books need to be sent back.
• We send weekly notifications of which items have been requested by other users.
• We do not charge overdue fines to employees of the Limestone or Algonquin Lakeshore Boards.
The management and staff of the Teacher Resource Centre look forward to another school year of cooperation and teaching excellence with you, our valued patrons and partners.
Please be aware that due to technical service being conducted on our system on Friday, July 17, the TRC’s electronic catalogue and booking system will be unavailable for that entire day. Service will return to normal on Monday, July 20th.
The TRC reminds our users that the final week for courier deliveries to and from our facility will be the week of June 22nd. Items can still be borrowed over the summer, but you’ll have to stop by and pick them up and drop them off in person, during our summer hours (8:30-4:30, Mon-Fri).
Summer approaches fast, and with it comes new hours for the TRC! Starting on Monday, June 1st, the Teacher Resource Centre will be open from 8:30 am until 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday. These hours will remain in effect for the duration of the summer.
A reminder that the Teacher Resource Centre will be closed on Good Friday, Friday April 3rd 2015. Regular hours will resume on Monday April 6th 2015. Have a wonderful long weekend!
The TRC will be open 8:30 – 4:30 throughout the week of March Break.
We will NOT be offering evening service.
We look forward to working with all of you looking for resources.
Got a new LTO starting ? Come on in, we really do love to help !
A reminder that the Teacher Resource Centre will be closed on Family Day, Monday February the 16th. Regular hours will resume the following day. Have a wonderful long weekend!
Long standing TRC staff Susie, Amy, Rhonda & Peter have all moved to other positions within Queen’s. Their commitment to serving teachers’ needs will be continued by our *NEW* Circulation Staff members: Michael Clark & Kortney Fox.
Some of you may know Michael from his many years as a Library Technician at LCVI. Be sure to say hello and let them know who you are next time you are in.