Introducing Omni: Drop by to learn more about library's new search tool
Queen’s University Library launched its new search tool, Omni, on Dec. 12, 2019. Omni, which is part of a new library services platform, is an integrated search tool that connects Queen’s library with 13 other university libraries in Ontario. Detailed information about how to search Omni is available in the Omni Search Tips guide.
Several highlights of Omni include options to:
- Discover collections at Queen's and the 13 other partner institutions.
- Refine search results by availability, resource type, focused subjects, library collection, and more.
- Browse a virtual bookshelf using Virtual Browse.
- Follow citations from references within an article, and those that cite it.
- Pin, collate, and tag materials in your favourites file for easy retrieval.
- Cite, email, and export to a citation tool to manage your information.
The library invites everyone in the Queen’s community to attend an information session and demonstration. Students, staff, and faculty are welcome.
All sessions in January will be held in Stauffer Library Seminar Room 121 (located on the main level, across from the information desk):
- Tuesday, Jan. 7, 11 am-12 pm
- Thursday, Jan. 9, 11am -12 pm
- Friday, Jan. 10, 12-1 pm
- Monday, Jan. 13, 11 am-12 pm
- Tuesday, Jan. 14, 3-4 pm
- Thursday, Jan. 16, 12-1 pm
- Tuesday, Jan. 21, 3-4 pm
- Wednesday, Jan. 22, 12-1 pm
- Friday, Jan. 24, 12-1 pm
- Monday, Jan. 27, 10-11 am
- Monday, Jan. 27, 2-3 pm
- Tuesday, Jan. 28, 11 am-12 pm
Read more about Omni and the new library services platform.