Introducing Omni: Drop by to learn more about library's new search tool
Queen’s University Library will launch its new search tool, Omni, on Dec. 12th. Omni, which is part of a new library services platform, is an integrated search tool that connects Queen’s library with 13 other university libraries in Ontario.
Several highlights of Omni include options to:
- Discover collections at Queen's and the 13 other partner institutions.
- Refine search results by availability, resource type, focused subjects, library collection, and more.
- Browse a virtual bookshelf using Virtual Browse.
- Follow citations from references within an article, and those that cite it.
- Pin, collate, and tag materials in your favourites file for easy retrieval.
- Cite, email, and export to a citation tool to manage your information.
The library invites everyone in the Queen’s community to attend an information session and demonstration. Students, staff, and faculty are welcome.
All sessions in December will be held in Stauffer Library, Meeting Room 105A (located on the main level, behind the information desk), with one exception on Dec. 16:
- Tuesday, Dec. 3, 11 am-12 pm
- Thursday: Dec. 5, 1-2 pm
- Thursday: Dec. 12, 1-2 pm
- Friday, Dec. 13, 10-11 am
- Monday, Dec. 16, 1-2 pm (Note: This session is in Stauffer 121)
- Tuesday, Dec. 17, 10-11 am
All sessions in January will be held in Stauffer Library Seminar Room 121 (located on the main level, across from the information desk):
- Tuesday, Jan. 7, 11 am-12 pm
- Thursday, Jan. 9, 11am -12 pm
- Friday, Jan. 10, 12-1 pm
- Monday, Jan. 13, 11 am-12 pm
- Tuesday, Jan. 14, 3-4 pm
- Thursday, Jan. 16, 12-1 pm
- Tuesday, Jan. 21, 3-4 pm
- Wednesday, Jan. 22, 12-1 pm
- Friday, Jan. 24, 12-1 pm
- Monday, Jan. 27, 10-11 am
- Monday, Jan. 27, 2-3 pm
- Tuesday, Jan. 28, 11 am-12 pm