Omni: Queen's New Academic Search Tool
Queen’s University Library and the Ontario Council of University Libraries (OCUL) are excited to announce the launch of Omni, an academic search tool that connects the Queen’s library with 13 other libraries at Ontario universities (partners). Omni, which is part of a new library services platform, goes live on Dec. 12, 2019 at 8 am.
In preparation for the launch, we are making some changes to our borrowing, lending, fines, and fees policies to align with our partners.
Starting Dec. 12:
- ALL regular loans will be 120 days for the Queen’s community (undergraduate, graduate, faculty and staff), RMC, local teachers, and partners (excludes reserves, limited loans, and multimedia).
- Late/overdue fines will no longer apply to the Queen’s community (undergraduate, graduate, faculty and staff), RMC, local teachers and our partners (excludes lost, recalls, and reserves)
- Borrowing limits of 500 items for all borrowers (with some exceptions).
- If an item is out at Queen’s, you may request it through Interlibrary loan (RACER). By spring 2020, more streamlined requests from our partners will be available in Omni.
Some local changes:
- Reserves: Items that are not returned within 7 days will be listed as “lost” and will incur $150 fines ($125 for the item and $25 processing fee).
- All previously assessed fines will remain on your account based on policies at the time they were accrued.
If you have any questions, please contact us: email@example.com