R4R@Q: Building Your Research Engagement and Impact Profile
Hosted by: Queen's University Library, Office of Partnerships and Innovation (OPI), University Research Services (URS)
- David Hyndman, Assistant Director (Industry Partnerships), Research Partnerships Unit
- Alexandra Pedersen, Research Projects Advisor, Natural Sciences and Engineering, Grants and Institutional Programs
- Rosarie Coughlan, Scholarly Publishing Librarian, Open Scholarship Services
Researchers are increasingly required to demonstrate the impact of their research to a broad audience both within and beyond academia. This interactive session will explore how you can foster effective engagement with potential and existing stakeholders to fully demonstrate the value of your research. We will explore a range of strategies and tools that will help you to create and build a compelling and effective impact profile.
Participants at this session will:
- Review both traditional academic (e.g., citation analytics) and alternative (e.g., social media) impact tools and gain clarity on how to best interpret and use this information.
- Explore ways to embed stakeholder engagement and impact in the research process.
- Learn how to use engagement tools into everyday aspects of research.
- Develop a personalized research engagement tool to capture concise information that can be shared with various external stakeholders.
View the entire R4R@Q 2019 series.
Please see the University Research Services website for session resources.