R4R@Q: Laying the Groundwork for a Successful Research Agreement
Hosted by: Office of Partnerships and Innovation (OPI): David Bruce, Legal Counsel & Associate Director (Research Contracts), Research Contracts Unit
- David Bruce, Legal Counsel & Associate Director (Research Contracts), Research Contracts Unit
Your research contracts will be negotiated by the Research Contracts Unit at Queen’s. But what can you do beforehand to ensure a smooth path to signing?
Participants at this session will:
- Gain knowledge on how to let potential funders know up front what is needed for a successful research project.
- Discuss smoothing out publication concerns; dealing with new and existing intellectual property; and getting everything you need from your budget.
- Use interactive scenarios to work on expressing their requirements and discovering innovative solutions in a friendly and fast-paced session.
- Leave with a pre-contract checklist of key issues to aid them in their discussions with potential funders and to help shorten the time the university and funding partners spend negotiating a formal contract.
View the entire R4R@Q 2019 series.