Scholars Portal Dataverse to Become Borealis
On June 23, Scholars Portal Dataverse is becoming Borealis, the Canadian Dataverse Repository / le dépôt Dataverse canadien. The new name and logo evoke connections to the Canadian landscape and reflects the new identity as a national service connecting Canadian researchers.
Queen’s Dataverse Collection name and service will not change, but the name and appearance of the repository are changing. Borealis is still the place where you can store, publish, share, and discover research data.
Borealis is a bilingual, multidisciplinary, secure Canadian research data repository, supported by academic libraries and research institutions across Canada. Borealis supports open discovery, management, sharing, and preservation of Canadian research data.
- The new website will launch on June 23 at borealisdata.ca. All links to the current Scholars Portal Dataverse site will be redirected to the new site.
- For the most up-to-date news, follow Borealis on Twitter at BorealisData
What are the implications for this change?
- Borealis will have a new name and new look, but the core service for Queen’s Dataverse Collection will stay the same.
- DOIs will still work! All dataset handles and DOIs will continue to resolve to the appropriate dataset page.
- The Queen’s Dataverse Collection URL will change from: dataverse.scholarsportal.info/dataverse/queens to borealisdata.ca/dataverse/queens.
- After June 23, dataset citations will include the new name of the repository. If you are submitting a new paper, use the new citation.
- There is no need for a new account! Your existing account information will be ported over to the new website, and you can continue to use the same login credentials.
- There is no platform downtime, but users may experience temporary delays for login (Queen’s NetID) on June 23.