Stauffer Library opens further August 16
We are excited to invite the Queen’s community to once again visit Stauffer Library without advance booking for studying and to browse the stacks beginning August 16! Hours from August 16 - 28 will be Monday to -Thurs day, 8am - 10pm and Friday and Saturday, 8am - 5pm. Please note that the third floor of Stauffer Library remains unavailable to enable us to complete flooring maintenance. Library staff will be happy to retrieve any materials needed from the third floor until this time. Fall hours will be announced on our website soon. We also expect to provide group study room bookings beginning in September.
As summer classes end on August 13, we have scheduled the deactivation of the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service (ETAS) for August 16. This, along with the loosening of provincial restrictions enables us to open Stauffer Library up to 50% seating capacity.
Bracken Health Sciences, Douglas, Education, and Law libraries will open in September. Details, including hours will posted on our website soon.
Please note that legislation requires everyone to wear a mask and you are also required to provide confirmation that you have passed the Queen’s University SeQure app self assessment COVID-19 screening before coming to campus and entering the library. You are also responsible for respecting distancing when you encounter those who are not in your immediate household/bubble.
Here's what you need to know:
- Beginning August 16 you will no longer need to book a seat in advance to visit Stauffer Library and you will be able to browse and access the stacks and check out books
- Four seats in the ATC are available for students registered with QSAS. These must still be reserved in advance.
- The Queen’s Research Data Centre will be available by appointment.
- Bracken Health Sciences, Douglas, Education and Law libraries will open in September. Details, including hours will posted on our website soon.
- Archives and Special Collections will continue taking bookings for individual access by appointment. This service is in addition to our online reference and scanning services.
- You will need to bring your own laptop, as library computers and equipment, including printers and scanners are not available for use at this time.
- Online resources (e-journals, e-books, databases, etc.) continue to be available to support the university's academic and research mission.
- On August 16, we will deactivate the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service (ETAS) which means you will be able to browse and access the stacks and check out books
- Curbside pickup for locations other than Stauffer Library will be at the service desk in Stauffer instead of the rotunda. This service will be ending when all library locations are open for browsing and borrowing materials.
- Reference and instruction services will continue to be provided remotely.
If you have any questions, please Ask Us!