For help locating resources, using the library, or to request a research consultation, try our Ask Us service.
Open Scholarship Services Division
This division provides services to members of the Queen’s community in all faculties, departments, and programs. In addition to building and providing assistance with collections in several interdisciplinary content areas, we also support the research lifecycle through services related to research data management and scholarly publishing. Our services and content areas are often delivered through virtual guides, course-integrated instruction, and research consultations.
Our specific areas of expertise include:
- Data & Statistics
- Geospatial Data
- Government information
- Maps & Air Photos
- Open Education Resources
- Publishing Support
- QSpace (Queen's Institutional Repository)
- Research Data Management
The division is located in Stauffer Library.
Please see our Staff Directory for a list of all staff who work in the division.
Assisting faculty, students, and researchers, in person and virtually, with:
- Finding, navigating, and understanding information resources in one of our content areas: Data & Statistics, Geospatial Data, Government information, Maps & Air Photos, Open Education Resources, Publishing Support, QSpace (Queen's Institutional Repository) and Research Data Management
- Developing and delivering presentations and workshops related to any of our areas of expertise
- Navigating different publishing models, including open access options
- Setting up an open access journal using the Queen’s Open Journal Systems instance
- Complying with the Tri-Agency Open Access Policy on Publications and Tri-Agency Research Data Management Policy
- Depositing your thesis, dissertation, or publication to our institutional repository
- Managing research outputs, including creating research data management plans and depositing data to an appropriate repository, such as the Queen’s University Dataverse