Adapt an Open Education Resource
Proposals are invited for projects to adapt an existing Open Education Resource for use in an upcoming course or program at Queen's University.
Total funding available for each project: $2,500.
Applications are welcome from all faculty at Queen’s University and are particularly encouraged for large undergraduate courses, courses with high-cost traditional textbooks, and new or emerging disciplines or subjects.
How to Apply
- Identify a resource aligned to your course and subject matter expertise. You could use an OER repository such as the Open Library maintained by eCampusOntario.
- Review the evaluation criteria and requirements for successful grant recipients.
- Email us a brief description of your idea and we will guide you through the next steps.
The deadline for proposals is May 14, 2021.
Requirements for Successful Grant Recipients
Successful grant recipients will be required to:
- Work with Open Education Resources project staff (including the library and other units on campus) to adapt an open resource to meet specific course needs.
- Integrate your new resource in an upcoming Queen’s course or program.
- Share your new resource under an appropriate Creative Commons License (the recommended license is Creative Commons CC BY 4.0) so that others can easily create a new iteration of it and /or simply re-use it as-is, while always giving appropriate attribution to the copyright owner.
- Publicize your work by providing project updates and participating in related events.