RACER allows you to submit requests for material from other institutions. If you have searched Omni and you can’t find what you need, try RACER for your Interlibrary Loan requests.
- Current Queen's University Students, Faculty, Staff, and Retired Faculty.
- Direct Borrowers, Alumni, or Community Members (including Ontario Teachers) are not eligible for Interlibrary Loan Service at this time.
User ID: 14-digit barcode on Queen’s card
Password: last name all lowercase
Your Library: Queen's
To Create a Request
- Log into RACER.
- From the drop down menu, choose 'Queens' as your location.
- Edit your profile (first time only) to select the catalogues you wish to search.
- Click on Standard Search or Advanced Search (left side bar) to begin your search for the find the item you want.
- To expedite your request, when searching include the ISSN/ISBN in the search field.
- You can track your request by logging into your RACER Account.
Generally, there is no charge for this service. If any charges arise, you will be contacted by the Interlibrary Loans Department prior to your request being processed.
Loans from OCUL (Ontario excluding U of T), BCI (Quebec), CAUL (Atlantic Provinces) and COPPUL (Prairies and Western Canada) have a 6 week loan period with possilbe renewal of an additional 6 weeks.
Due dates and any special instructions are noted on the attached book bank. Please do not remove this band.
Renewal, Fines and Lost Books
Renewals are the discretion of the lending Library.
Fines and or suspension of Interlibrary Loan privileges could be applicable if items are not returned by the due date.
Lost or Damaged Materials will result in a replacement and processing fee charged to the patrons library account.
Need more help?
For more detailed instruction on how to use Racer, please see the Using RACER guide from Scholar's Portal.
Queen's University is a member of the Ontario Consortium using Omni Academic Search Tool. The group is working to implement the Alma Fulfillment Network, which will allow Queens users to borrow materials directly from the following participating institutions, either online or in person. Queen's users will be able to return items to any of the participating libraries. This functionality is expected in late summer or early fall 2020.
- Brock University
- Carleton University
- University of Guelph
- Lakehead University
- Nipissing University
- Ontario Tech University
- University of Ottawa
- Trent University
- University of Waterloo
- Western University
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- University of Windsor
- York University
Stauffer Library Interlibrary Loans (Includes requests for Art, Engineering & Science, Health Sciences, Law, Special Collections and Music)
Phone: 613-533-2526 Email: email@example.com
Phone: 613-533-6807 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org