RACER allows you to submit requests for material from other institutions. If you have searched Omni and you can’t find what you need, try RACER for your Interlibrary Loan requests.
- Current Queen's University Students, Faculty, Staff and Retired Faculty.
- Direct Borrowers, Alumni or Community Members are not eligible for Interlibrary Loan Service.
To Create a Request
- Log into RACER.
- From the drop down menu, choose 'Queens' as your location.
- Edit your profile (first time only) to select the catalogues you wish to search.
- Click on Standard Search or Advanced Search (left side bar) to begin your search for the find the item you want.
- To expedite your request, when searching include the ISSN/ISBN in the search field.
- You can track your request by logging into your RACER Account.
Generally, there is no charge for this service. If any charges arise, you will be contacted by the Interlibrary Loans Department prior to your request being processed.
Loans from Ontario Universities are 6 weeks. Loans from Universities outside of Ontario or Canada are 3 weeks.Due dates and any special instructions are noted on the attached book bank. Please do not remove this band.
Renewal, Fines and Lost Books
Renewals are the discretion of the lending Library.
Fines and or suspension of Interlibrary Loan privileges could be applicable if items are not returned by the due date.
Lost books will result in a replacement and processing fee charged to the patrons library account.
Need more help?
For more detailed instruction on how to use Racer
Queen's University is a member of the Ontario Consortium using Omni Academic Search Tool. In Spring 2020, Queens users will be able to borrow materials directly from the following participating institutions, either online or in person. Queen's users will be able to return items to any of the participating libraries. RACER will still be used for borrowing items outside of these 13 institutions.
- Brock University
- Carleton University
- University of Guelph
- Lakehead University
- Nipissing University
- Ontario Tech University
- University of Ottawa
- Trent University
- University of Waterloo
- Western University
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- University of Windsor
- York University
Stauffer Library Interlibrary Loans (Includes requests for Art, Engineering & Science, Health Sciences, Law, Special Collections and Music)
Phone: 613-533-2526 Email: email@example.com
Phone: 613-533-6807 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org