Reserve Reading Room
The library is offering a limited controlled reserves reading room in the Seminar Room at Stauffer Library for approved on-site courses only. You will need to include your course and readings with your booking. The following courses have opted in to this service:
- ARTC 801
- ARTC 802
- ARTC 812
- ARTC 850
- NURS 205
- NURS 206
- NURS 371
- NURS 372
- NURS 373
- NURS 902
- OT 801
- OT 823
- OT 827
- OT 881
- OT 885
- PHGY 170
- PT 853
Log into Ares to see a listing of items on reserves by course.
Reserve Reading Room Seats
To book your seat and reserve item, please visit our Reading Room Booking page. Slots are available Monday-Friday, 8am-12pm; 1-5pm and 6-10pm.
Upon arrival for your booked time slot, please present the following:
- Your library seat check-in verification on your phone (preferred). This feature is available from the confirmation email and can be accessed 30 minutes prior to the start of your booking. You can also show a Queen's student ID to check-in manually.
- Your completed Queen's SeQure app COVID self-assessment verification (preferred). You can also complete a wellness check upon arrival.
Usage of the space
- Bookings are available to all Queen's students with a NetID.
- You must include your course and readings with your booking.
- Bookings are 4-hour blocks.
- Up to 3 bookings can be requested in a single day.
- Up to 60 hours can be requested in a calendar month starting Tuesday, November 17.
- Cancellations must occur 1 hour before booking, otherwise, your booking will be deducted from your allotted time for the calendar month.
- Bookings can be submitted up to 1 hour prior to the commencement of a time slot.
- Only one student may attend a single seat booking.
- You will receive a confirmation if there are no other bookings for the item you wish to view.
- You will receive a decline message if someone else has booked the item you wish to view.
- We encourage you to book another time slot if you are declined.
- You are only permitted to sit at your seat and may not occupy any other seat in the library.
- No food or drink are permitted in the room.
- You are expected to bring your own laptop, as library computers and equipment (including printers and scanners) are not available for student use at this time.
- Our Code of Behaviour for Library Users applies while using the library.