Route B: Pay to Publish (Gold Open Access)
Publish your final, peer-reviewed accepted manuscript in an Open Access Journal. Access is free to the final published versions of articles, immediately on publication.
- The publisher requires an Article Processing Charge which may include Open Access charges.
- Check for Available Discounts for Queen's Authors on Fees:
- Find an Open Access Journal:
- Directory of Open Access journals (DOAJ): a comprehensive index of high quality open access journal.
- DOAJ & Principles of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly Publishing: A joint statement by COPE, DOAJ, OASPA and WAME: these principles form the criteria on which membership applications to the DOAJ will be evaluated. Journal that adhere to these best practices will be awarded the DOAJ Seal for Open Access Journals.
- Consider your publication venue carefully. See: How to Avoid Predatory or Bogus Publications.
Route B (Gold Route) - what this means for you:
- Enables you to meet the open access requirements of the Tri-Agency. See: Meeting Tri-Agency Open Access Policy Requirements.
- You may need to factor in Article Processing Charges an eligible expense under the Use of Grant Funds section of your grant application.