How To: VPN
Enhanced Off Campus Access for Health Sciences, Law, Engineering and Science Faculty
What is the Queen's VPN?
The Queen's VPN is an application that allows your computer to connect to the internet as if your computer were located on the Queen's University network. It allows you to access Queen's Library resources from any off-campus location. You can still use the Web Proxy (with NetID) to access library resources from off campus, but you need to login multiple times whenever new browser windows are launched. For more information, please see: A comparison of the Web Proxy and the Queen's VPN.
Who Can Use the Queen's VPN?
Please verify that you satisfy the requirements for the Queen's VPN:
- Have a Queen's NetID
- Can download and install software on your computer. (This requires administrator privileges to do this.)
How to Install and Set up the VPN Access
- You need to configure your security software or router to allow VPN connections.
- You need to have internet access to use the VPN service.
- In order to use the Queen’s VPN, users must install the AnyConnect VPN client
- The client is available for both Windows and Mac
- The client can be downloaded from the Software Centre tab on MyQueen'sU