Course Reserves for Students
Instructors select materials to be made available on reserve including eReserves (Ares), physical materials from the Library holdings and instructor's personal copies. Students registered in a course can access the course readings (Physical and Electronic) directly through Ares.
- Electronic Reserves (eReserves) are available in Ares. You must be currently registered in a course in order to access the electronic readings through the Ares course site. eReserves may also be found in onQ (onQ, D2L).
- Physical materials (print books, coursepacks, multimedia items, lecture notes etc.) are located in the Reserves section of the library housing your course material (Education, Health Sciences, Law, and Stauffer). Physical materials on Reserve are listed on the course reading list in Ares.
Connect to Ares
- Login to Ares.
- Enter your Queen's username and password to view the list of readings available for the courses in which you are currently enrolled.
You can also access your reading list in onQ (if your instructor has activated Ares).
How to View Library Reserve Material
- Select a course in the main menu in Ares click View Course.
- Select an item from the reading list click Show Details or View Item.
- For physical materials available in the library, click on Get Information about item location and availability. Note the call number and request the material at the desk in the library.
- Electronic reserve items can be viewed by selecting View this item. A link to the article, ebook, weblink or the pdf can then be viewed.
Note: Please ensure you have the up-to-date Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer to access electronic reserve items.
To view detailed instructions about eReserves on onQ, please see the support page.
Loan Periods and Fines Policy
- 3 hour loans: $0.05/minute/item
- 24 hour loans: $12.00/flat rate/day
Failure to return Reserves material that is overdue by 7 days will have a lost status applied to your account. All items declared lost will incur the following charges:
- $125 default replacement charge
- $25 non-refundable administrative charge