Course Reserves for Students
Instructors select materials to be made available on reserve including eReserves (Ares), physical materials from the Library holdings and instructor's personal copies. Students registered in a course can access the course readings directly through Ares or through their learning management system (onQ , onQ). Physical materials on reserve can also be located in QCAT (catalogue).
- Electronic Reserves (eReserves) are available in Ares. You must be currently registered in a course in order to access the electronic readings for the course. eReserves may also be found in onQ (onQ, D2L).
- Physical materials (print books, coursepacks, multimedia items, lecture notes etc) are located in the Reserves section of the library housing your course material (Education, Health Sciences, Law, Music and Stauffer). Searching for the Reserves course list in QCAT will indicate the location of your course Reserves items.
Connect to eReserves
- Login directly to Ares
- Enter your Queen's username and password to view the list of readings available for the courses in which you are currently enrolled
You can also access your reading list in onQ (if your instructor has activated Ares)
How to View Library Reserve Material
- Select a course in the main menu.
- Select an item from the reading list by clicking on the title.
- For physical materials available in the library, note the call number and request the material at the desk in the library.
- Electronic reserve items can be viewed by selecting View this item. A link to the article, or, alternately the pdf can then be viewed.
Note: Please ensure you have the up-to-date Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer to access electronic reserve items.
To view detailed instructions about eReserves on onQ, please see the support page.
|Library||Loan Periods||Fines Policy|
|Bracken||1 hr, 3 hr||$0.02/minute/item/around the clock|
|1 day, 3 day||$12.00/flat rate/day|
|Education||3 hr, 24 hr, 3 day, 7 day||$0.02/minute/item/around the clock|
|Law||1 hr, 3 hr, 24 hr, 3 day||$0.02/minute/item/around the clock|
|Stauffer||3 hr||$0.02/minute/item/around the clock|
|24 hr, 7 day||$12.00/flat rate/day|