Copyright Clearance & Permissions

So, I have some print material (other than a textbook or book) that I want to make available to my students? What do I do?

You have options.

Using these services will ensure that your students have the resources they need, while allowing you to comply with both the Copyright Act and the Queen's fair dealing policy.

Copyright & Teaching Resources

Getting Copyright Permission

How do I get permission to use a copyrighted work?

New: The Copyright Advisory Office is now providing a Copyright Clearance service where we will request and process permission for your classes. Use this service for any copyrighted material that you would like to digitize and post on your course webpage. 

Getting Started

Information to help you get started with your research and assignments.


Explore these guides to help you get started:


We have a variety of technology available for your use as well as more information about how to connect to our services online. Please see the following pages for more details.