French Language and Literature: Literary Criticism
Classical and Medieval Literature
REF PN681.5 .C57 (7 volumes)
- Excerpts of criticism on works of world authors from classical antiquity to the end of the 14th century including first appraisals and current evaluations.
REF PN771 .C59 (multiple volumes)
- Excerpts of criticism on world authors who are living and those who died after December 31, 1959.
Johns Hopkins Guide to Literary Theory & Criticism from 1997- (full-text version of the 1994 paper edition)
- Comprehensive survey of ideas and scholars from Plato to modern times, including developments in other disciplines that have shaped literary theory and criticism. International in scope, but emphasis is on Western critical theory.
Literature Criticism from 1400 to
REF PN86 .L53 1984
- Excerpts from criticism of the works of fifteenth, sixteenth, seventeenth, and eighteenth-century novelists, poets, playwrights, philosophers, and other creative writers, from the first published critical appraisals to current evaluations
REF PN761 .N5
- Excerpts of criticism on novelists, poets, playwrights, short story writers, philosophers, scriptwriters and other creative writers who died between 1800 and 1899. Includes first-published critical appraisals and current evaluations.
REF PN771 .G27
- Excerpts of criticism on world authors who died between 1900 and 1960
Last Updated: 13 August 2009