The e-Laboratory is located on the main floor of the library Room 128. It is equipped with 24 laptop stations and an instructor’s station/podium with projector, screen, sound capability, web access, VCR, DVD player and Sympodium. The Sympodium allows you to write over your computer display with digital ink to create interactivity during presentations using Smart Technologies Notebook software. A wireless mouse and microphone are available to be booked as well.
Configuration of the computers in the classrooms is same as the Library Research Stations.
- The e-Lab is bookable by faculty only for hands-on learning.
- The e-Lab cannot normally be booked for sessions that do not require the use of computers by attendees.
- The minimum number of attendees for an e-Lab booking is normally 12. Hands-on sessions for fewer than 12 people can be accommodated in one of the other group study rooms by booking laptops and arranging set-up through Access Services (see below for contact information).
- Food and drink are not permitted in the e-Lab. However, group study rooms can often be booked simultaneously and food can be set up in them to accommodate coffee breaks and lunches.
- Software cannot be installed on the laptops and instructor’s station. If you have specific software needs, please inquire at the time of booking.
- To book the e-Lab, please contact Access Services by telephone (613-533-2510), Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or anytime via email (email@example.com).
- When the e-Lab is not booked, the laptop computers in it are available to all Bracken users.
Last Updated: 22 November 2011