Wi-Fi & Internet Access
All of our locations are equipped with wireless access. There are also wired jacks where students, faculty and staff can use their own computers to access the Internet.
Both of these services are available only to Queen’s students and employees, and require login using your Queen’s NetID. Please consult the Queen’s ITServices guide on how to use these services on the Queen’s Wireless Campus Network page.
Connect to Wireless
Please read these instructions on how to connect.
Once connected to the Internet you will have approximately 4 hours of connectivity after which you will be required to re-authenticate your connection.
Connect to Wired Jacks
All locations with wired jacks will be labeled Laptop Ethernet Jack. Plug in your data cable. Ensure your LAN settings are set to Obtain IP Address Automatically.
Wired Jack Locations
- Bracken Health Sciences Library: On the stacks level: 5 laptop stations with monitors.
- Douglas Library: Over 100 jacks at a mixture of tables throughout the library. Check the map posted near the Circulation Desk on the Ground Floor.
- W.D. Jordan Special Collections Library: 20 jacks at various study tables
- Education Library: On floor 3 on the 2 open tables.
- Lederman Law Library: 2 study carrels on the 2nd floor
- Stauffer Library:
- On all floors: jacks at designated study tables.
- On Floor 2: 5 group study rooms
- On Floors 2, 3 & 4: 3 wired jacks at laptop stations with monitors.
- Remember to save your data