Food & Drink Policy
In making this library an inviting place for study and research and still continue to value our collection, equipment, carpeting and furnishings, we will allow some food and drink within reason and in small quantities. Library patrons are responsible for managing the disposal of their own garbage; there are recycling containers on each level of the library. Notify library staff of any spills and you will be provided with cleaning materials. Please avoid disposing of liquids in the waste disposal and recycle bins to facilitate the work of the custodial staff. The cafeteria on the lower level of the building is available for your meals.
We thank you for your cooperation.
- Beverages are permitted providing they are in sturdy spill-proof containers only.
- Snacks i.e. cookies, bars, fruit, candy, etc.
- Messy, aromatic foods i.e. burgers, pizza, fries, salads, soups, sandwiches, etc.
- Beverages and food are absolutely not permitted in the e-Laboratory room 128.
- Food deliveries will not be accepted in the library.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
Exception: On occasion there will be special meetings and events where food will be permitted and supplied.
Last Updated: 30 August 2011