|Department:||School of Drama and Music|
|Faculty Representative:||Natalie Rewa
|Liaison Librarian:||Elizabeth Gibson|
Collection Policy Outline
- To serve the undergraduate programme of the Department of Drama to the four-year Bachelor's level.
- English and western European.
- Continental Europe (including Classical Greece and Rome), British Isles, The Americas, and, to a lesser degree, the Far East and Africa.
- Classical times to the present.
Type of Material Collected:
- Books: plays, selected criticism, bibliographies, indexes and monographs
- Serial Publications: series and periodicals
- Indexing and abstracting services
(Note: any of the above may be in print, microform, or electronic format.)
- Audio-visual materials
Areas of Concentration:
- Theatre history
- Dramatic text
- Production techniques
- Interpretation and creative imagination
Subjects and Collecting Levels:
Areas to be collected at level C:
- Western theatre history: 5th century B.C. to present
Greece, Europe, North America, Classic Greek tragedy, 5th century
- Contemporary drama: Samuel Beckett, Bertold Brecht, Eugene Ionesco, Edward Albee, Harold Pinter, Eugene O'Neill, Tennessee Williams, Jean Cocteau, Jean-Paul Sartre, Brendan Behan, Tom Stoppard, Jean Genet, David Rabe, David Mamet, Sam Shepard, Rolph Hockhuth, Peter Weiss, Max Frisch, Friedrich Dorrenmatt.
Areas to be collected at level D:
- Drama in education
- Major dramatists - especially Sophocles, Shakespeare, Chekhov
- Play production and direction
- Text analysis
- Theatre design
Policy last revised: 3 March 2005