- Library of Congress's gateway to primary source materials in over 100 historical collections relating to the history and culture of the United States. Search under Collection Finder: Art and Architecture.
- Hosted by Library and Archives Canada, Images Canada allows users to search images from participating cultural institutions from across Canada.
- Search principally by architect, building type, century (Prof. Jeffery Howe, Boston College)
- Art historical images of sculpture and architecture from pre-historic to post-modern (Prof. Mary Ann Sullivan, Bluffton University).
- Architecture reference site to a thousand buildings, with 3D models, photographic images, architectural drawings, commentaries, bibliographies, timelines and web links. Search by name of building, architect or place.
- Project of Dr. Stephen Murray, Art History and Archaeology, Columbia University and Dr. Andrew Tallon, Art, Vassar College, funded by Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. A 3-D database of images, texts, charts and historical maps, to explore Gothic architecture and the formation of France in the 12th and 13th centuries.
- Links to photographic libraries and archive collections worldwide related to all aspects of photography, graphics, fashion, moving images, photo and ad agencies, maps, fine art and clip art photos
- Project of Dr. Enrique Mallen, professor of Hispanic studies at Texas A&M University
- Website by David Brooks, endorsed by the Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam
- Images of museum artefacts, photos and paintings, works from the Group of Seven, Tom Thomson, Emily Carr and many other artists. Themes range from art deco, love, canoes, the Trojan War to farms. Each image includes detailed information on the contributing museum and copyright information.
- More than 300,000 images in cartography, fine arts, architecture and photography from over thirty renowned collections
- Digital reproductions of European paintings and sculptures created between the years 1100 and 1850
Last Updated: 27 February 2013