Pharmacology Literature: Mobile Apps
Queen's subscription to Micromedex 2.0 provides Queen's users with mobile access to evidence-based information related to drugs, toxicology, diseases, acute care, and alternative medicine. Micromedex is made available to the Queen's students and teaching faculty for educational purposes only.
Queen's subscription to The Medical Letter provides users with mobile access to objective, peer-reviewed evaluations of new FDA-approved drugs, and new information on previously approved drugs.
Most vendors will offer product trials, allowing you to download apps for a time or limited-usage evaluation period.
- Available for Palm, Blackberry, iPhone, Android (Beta), Win Mobile & Win Smartphone
- Free; Epocrates Rx Pro is $99 USD
- 3300 medications, with drug dosing, interactions, indications and updates with clinical alerts
- Can insert your own annotations
- Many Canadian drugs (brand names) are listed; not recommended as a primary reference
- Available for Android, Palm OS, Palm Pre Classic, BlackBerry, iPhone, iPod Touch, Win Mobile & Win Smartphone
- $49.95 USD
- Includes Canadian product names
- "User-friendly, accurate, and has sufficient information on drug action, interactions and natural products to provide a good knowledge base for students."
For further information on mobile apps, visit: Health Sciences Multimedia - Mobile Apps or contact a Bracken Librarian.
Last Updated: 20 December 2012