Summon is a search engine that provides credible, relevance ranked results from the library’s online and print collections in a single search.
It contains everything found in the traditional QCAT Library Catalogue, plus millions of full-text articles available from the Library.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Summon?
- How does Summon compare to the QCAT Library Catalogue?
- How does Summon compare to Google Scholar?
- What's in Summon? What's not in Summon?
- I can't find [an article, book, resource] in Summon. Where can I find it?
- I click a full-text article/ebook and get "This item is not available online." How do I get to the full-text?
- When I do a search in Summon, I get many results. How to I refine my search to find exactly what I'm looking for?
- Does Summon search everything in that's in a specific research database (e.g. JSTOR, Web of Science, MEDLINE, ERIC)?
- How do I tell if a journal is indexed by Summon?
- How does Summon's relevance ranking work?
- Will Summon change over time?
- Why did the Library implement Summon?
- Where are the search tools (Find Books, Find Articles) that used to be on the library homepage?
- How do I report problems with Summon?
- I'm having problems exporting citations from Summon to RefWorks. What should I do?
Not finding what you're looking for in Summon? Try:
Last Updated: 20 June 2014