Collaborative Futures Library Services Platform
Queen’s University Library is partnering with 12 other members of Ontario Council of University Libraries (OCUL) to implement a shared library services platform (LSP).
Building upon 50 years of successful cooperative work among OCUL member libraries, this collaboration includes the selection, procurement, and implementation of a shared LSP allowing our libraries to improve our support for faculty and students; modernize internal workflows with greater streamlining and reduced duplication of effort; share expertise; reduce or redirect costs; and meet our stewardship responsibilities for the province’s valuable print and electronic research collections.
For students, faculty and staff at Queen’s, this means the replacement of our Summon and QCAT tools for discovering and accessing information resources with a single tool for searching across Queen’s and other OCUL partner library collections.
- Key dates for Collaborative Futures Project (September 24, 2018)
- Announcement of selected Library Service Platform solution for Collaborative Futures (July 12, 2018)
- Queen’s University Library announces participation in Phase 3 of OCUL Collaborative Futures project. (April 11, 2017)
- Entering the next phase of Collaborative Futures (January 22, 2018)
- Phase 1: Feasibility Study (November 2014 – July 2015)
- Phase 2: Developing System Requirements and Pre-Procurement (August 2015 – Fall 2016)
- Phase 3: Procurement and Implementation at Libraries (Winter 2017 – Ongoing)
- Go-live date: December 10, 2019
- Brock University
- Carleton University
- University of Guelph
- Lakehead University
- Nipissing University
- University of Ottawa
- Queen’s University
- Trent University
- University of Waterloo
- Western University
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- York University
Further information about this project can be found on the OCUL website. You may also contact Sandra Morden, project manager of the Collaborative Futures Shared Library Services Platform (LSP) Project at Queen’s University Library for more information.
We look forward to this transformative opportunity to make improvements in service and workflow at the library, and will continue to provide updates as we move forward.