2023 Website Redesign
To advance the institution's strategic teaching, learning, and research priorities, and accelerate the success of students, faculty, and staff, Queen’s University Library (QUL) is undertaking a project in 2023 to redesign and optimize its website.
- Learn how you can participate to help shape the QUL website of the future.
- Have a question about the project? Use the project feedback form to get in touch.
Informed by extensive consultation with our key users, QUL is committed to creating a new website that:
- engages, enables, and delights our patrons through an exemplary user experience;
- reflects the vibrancy, diversity, and inclusivity of our services, people, and spaces; and
- continuously adapts to meet our users’ evolving needs.
The project is anticipated to run from March to December 2023, taking a three-phase approach:
- Phase 1: Discovery / Strategy
- Phase 2: Design
- Phase 3: Development & Implementation
Three principles that will guide the project are:
- User-centered design (UCD)
- The redesigned site will be based on a deep understanding of users' needs, goals, and challenges, and iteratively developed through ongoing user feedback.
- Mobile-first design
- The design process will start with creating an exemplary mobile experience, then scale out to ensure a consistent experience across all other device sizes.
- Indigenization-Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, Anti-Racism, and Accessibility (I-EDIAA)
- We are committed to a redesigned site that is enriched by and reflective of the diversity of our community, is welcoming and accessible to all, and advances education and research in Indigenous ways of knowing and being.
Your feedback is key! Sign up for opportunities to participate in user engagement activities throughout the project, such as:
- Phase 1 (April/May/June): Share your key website needs and challenges through a survey, focus groups, and/or 1-on-1 interviews
- Phase 2 (July/August): Provide feedback on user interface designs and participate in user experience testing of early mockups
- Phase 3 (October/November): Test and provide feedback on previews of the new site before it goes live