If you have searched Omni and you can’t find what you need, try RACER for your interlibrary loans requests. RACER allows you to submit requests for material from other institutions.
- Current Queen's University Students, Faculty, Staff, and Retired Faculty.
- Direct Borrowers, Alumni, or Community Members (including Ontario Teachers) are not eligible for interlibrary loans at this time.
User ID: 14-digit barcode on Queen’s card
Password: last name all lowercase
Your Library: Queen's
To create a request
- Log into RACER.
- From the drop down menu, choose 'Queens' as your location.
- Edit your profile (first time only) to select the catalogues you wish to search.
- Click on Standard Search or Advanced Search (left side bar) to begin your search for the find the item you want.
- To expedite your request, when searching include the ISSN/ISBN in the search field.
- You can track your request by logging into your RACER Account.
Generally, there is no charge for this service. If any charges arise, you will be contacted by the interlibrary loans department prior to your request being processed.
Loans from OCUL (Ontario excluding U of T), BCI (Quebec), CAUL (Atlantic Provinces) and COPPUL (Prairies and Western Canada) have a 6 week loan period with possilbe renewal of an additional 6 weeks.
Due dates and any special instructions are noted on the attached book bank. Please do not remove this band.
Renewal, fines and lost books
Renewals are the discretion of the lending Library.
Fines and or suspension of Interlibrary Loan privileges could be applicable if items are not returned by the due date.
Lost or Damaged Materials will result in a replacement and processing fee charged to the patrons library account.
Need more help?
For more detailed instruction on how to use RACER, please see the Using RACER guide from Scholar's Portal.
Stauffer Library Interlibrary Loans (Includes requests for Art, Engineering & Science, Health Sciences, Law, Special Collections and Music)