How do I get permission to use someone else’s work?

You ask! The Copyright Advisory Office does provide a service for getting permission to use copyrighted materials in your class. See our Clearance and Permissions services website for more information.  If you want to request permission for other reasons (such as to use materials in publications and theses), see our Copyright and your Thesis webpage.

All Copyright Basics

Ask Us

Ask Us

For help locating resources, using the library, or to request a research consultation, try our Ask Us service.

ask us more

FAQ Knowledge Base