Do I need to obtain permission to use copyright material in my course packs?

The Campus Bookstore and the AMS Publishing and Copy Centre are the two main providers of print coursepacks at Queen's University and will obtain permission for you.

Any materials that you would like to include in courseware are assessed by the Courseware staff for copyright clearance requirements. This includes materials from the internet, government publications, and unpublished works, not just books and journals. Providing details such as book/journal title, web address, author name, ISBN/ISSN number, page range and total number of pages in a book will help to confirm permission more quickly.

Copyright and Course Packs

Ask Us

Ask Us

For help locating resources, using the library, or to request a research consultation, try our Ask Us service.

ask us more

FAQ Knowledge Base