Is there anyone available to help me obtain copyright permission?
Queen’s University Library is offering an e-reserve service called Ares. Through Ares e-reserve, the library will:
- Scan print books and journal articles that meet the requirements listed in the Queen's Fair Dealing Policy
- Acquire and process copyright permissions as needed
- Create and provide links to electronic library resources
- Adapt materials to meet accessibility standards
- Make the readings available to students through Moodle
This service is now available for any faculty using the Moodle Learning Management System. Click here to get started with connecting your Moodle course to E-reserves.
The Copyright Advisory Office also offers a clearance service for both print handouts and for scanned copies of print materials for faculty that choose not to use E-reserves. This service allows you to continue to manage copyright yourself and get clearance for copies of materials that fall outside the guidelines provided in the Queen's Fair Dealing Policy on Learning Management Sites like Moodle, Medtech or Desire2Learn!
Use these services! Posting scanned materials (eg. print book chapters) to Learning Management System sites that exceed the limits of the Queen's Fair Dealing Policy may infringe copyright.
For more information, see our Clearance and Permissions webpage.