OER Call for Proposals: Evaluation Criteria
Project proposals for the 2021 Open Education Resource Call for Proposals will be evaluated according to the following criteria.
The project description and objectives:
- Are clearly articulated and reasonable
- Are mapped to specific course learning outcomes or competencies
- Indicate proposed subject matter to be addressed
- Indicate proposed assessment strategies
The proposal includes clearly defined project milestones such as a high-level overview of:
- The project plan (timelines, budget estimates, resources, etc.)
- Approaches in content design supporting the innovative uses of technologies and/or pedagogies
- An initial conceptualization and/or content map for the resource
- Approximate timelines for the completion of the project (e.g. outline, final copy, editorial process, review and publication)
- Approaches to ensure the future sustainability of the project (e.g. how open content will be maintained and kept up to date)
The proposal clearly describes how you will determine the use, effectiveness, and impact of your project, including:
- The estimated student savings compared to grant amount
- The estimated number of students who will take the course
- How content will be made openly available at Queen's University and developed to promote remixing, reuse, and redistribution by other educators
The proposal clearly outlines:
- Estimated cost projections and priorities of the project at a high level
- The budget does not exceed the maximum amount allowed per grant
- Staff roles associated with the respective cost estimates (e.g. subject matter expert, instructional designer, project manager), FTE percentage for each phase of the project, and rate/cost
- Information about any other direct costs included in the project
Examples of eligible expenses:
- Salary costs associated with hiring an educational designer, research assistant, etc.
- In-kind support
- Costs associated with editing, copy-editing, peer review, etc.
If you have any questions about the criteria, please email an Open Scholarship Services specialist.