Request Materials from Omni
Omni is the new, easy-to-use academic search tool that gives you access to high-quality resources from 18 Ontario university libraries. Physical items can be requested and delivered to Queen’s University Library for pickup. Articles and book chapters can be requested and delivered to your Queen's University email.
- Current Queen's University Students, Faculty, Staff, and Retired Faculty.
To create a request
- Start your search in Omni
- Your search scope will default to Queen’s + Omni Libraries.
- Please see our Placing a Request from our Omni Partners instuctions on how to complete request for physical items or chapters out of physical items.
- Please see our instructions on how to request articles from electronic items that Queen's does not have direct access but can be requested and supplied by RapidILL.
- With Pickup Anywhere, when you place a request for a physical item in Omni, you’ll be able to choose any one of the 18 Omni partner institutions across Ontario to pick up your item!
Loan periods &renewals
- Loan period is 120 days.
- Library materials can be renewed in Omni by logging into My Library Account with your NetID and password.
Fines & lost books
Failure to return material or a book that is overdue by 30 days will have a lost status applied to your account.
All items declared lost will incur the following charges:
- $125 default replacement charge
- $25 non-refundable administrative charge