For help locating resources, using the library, or to request a research consultation, try our Ask Us service.
Course Reserves for Faculty & Instructors
The Library Reserve collection is composed of high-use course readings and materials selected by instructors for short-term use by students registered in courses at Queen's University.
Course Reserves allows instructors and students to have one single access point for all reading materials and supports copyright compliance.
Placing materials on reserve
Course Reserves integrates with Omni and OnQ. We have created a guide to help you get started.
Uploading documents to Perusall, FeedbackFruits or another similar platform?
For many library electronic resources, linking is the best way to make resources available to your students. However, platforms like Perusall and FeedbackFruits only allow you to upload resources and do not allow for linking. They also do not integrate with our Course Reserves platform.
Steps to use Perusall
- To use Perusall and/or Feedback Fruits in your onQ course, first Enable Perusall and/or Feedback Fruits and Course Reserves during the course creation process.
- Add Course Reserves to your OnQ course
- Send an email to email@example.com with your course number, and a list of items you plan to upload to Perusall or Feedback Fruits. This is crucial as the use of these tools changes the way readings are processed in Course Reserves.
- Add the Perusall link to your onQ course.
- Once items are approved and available in Course Reserves, you can add them to Perusall or Feedback Fruits. Please note, Reserves staff do not have access to your Perusall/Feedback Fruits courses.
For detailed Course reserves support pages for OnQ, please see the support page.