Course Reserves for Faculty & Instructors
The Library Reserve collection is comprised of materials selected by instructors for short term use by students registered in courses at Queen's University.
Ares, our course reserve management system, allows instructors and students to have one single access point for all reading materials and to support copyright compliance.
Placing Materials on Reserve
You may place material on reserve in three ways:
- Login to Ares and submit library reserve request(s) for individual items.
- Login to OnQ and click on Ares to submit library reserve request(s) for individual items.
- Email your reading list or course outline to the library.
Please submit your lists as soon as possible.
Once processed, reserves will be available to your students via Ares (for eReserves), or as a short term loan in the library (for physical materials). You may also integrate your list of readings in Ares into onQ. Note: both electronic and physical materials will be listed in Ares.
Creating a 'stand-alone' eReserve Course Page in Ares
- Log into Ares
- Select your course from “Add upcoming courses to eReserves using Queen’s registration data”. Your course will now appear in the “Current courses” menu.
- Click on your course and start adding readings. Students will be able to access readings by using the URL provided above.
For detailed eReserves support pages for OnQ, please see the support page.