Finding Aids for Special Collections
Finding aids, or guides, are helpful in locating primary material. Please note that not all finding aids are online at this time. Paper checklists are available at the Jordan Library.
Most of the material in Special Collections are recorded in Omni, Queen's Library Catalogue. Some tips for locating special collections material:
- Setting the search limits to "Jordan Special Collections" location will narrow a search effectively in some cases.
Note: This limit can only be used in combination with "Title" or "Keyword" searches.
- Sorting search results by Publication Date will bring the oldest materials to the top.
Checklists and bibliographies are available, in Special Collections, for the following uncatalogued or partially-catalogued collections:
- Alfred H. Ruddell Collection of Historical Maps
- Architectural Guidebook Collection
- Broadside (poster) Collection
- Books by and about John Buchan
- John Buchan Papers (held in the Queen's University Archives)
- Canadian Sample Journal Collection
- Canadian Sheet Music
- Non-Canadian Sheet Music
- Canadian school textbooks
- Charles N. Bell Map Collection
- Chinese Poster Collection
- Robertson Davies
- Dickens Collection
- Ephemera/Information Files
- Fire Insurance Plans
- Fyfe Map Collection
- John Glassco Collection (part of the Edith and Lorne Pierce Collection of Canadiana)
- Gothic Fantasy Collection
- Gustafson Collection
- Macdonell Collection
- Mazo de la Roche collection (part of the Edith and Lorne Pierce Collection of Canadiana)
- McNicol Collection
- Queen Anne pamphlets, 1701-1714 (part of the 18th Century British Political Pamphlet Collection)
- Historical newspaper holdings
- Canadian theatre programme collection
- Queen's College Library holdings
- Riche-Covington Collection
- F.R. Scott's collection of Canadian "little magazines" (part of the Edith and Lorne Pierce Collection of Canadiana) is listed in Omni.