Welcome to the library page for the School of Nursing. We're here to help you find and evaluate the resources you need for your classes and for your research. If you have questions, please get in touch and we will be glad to help!
Writing and Publishing
- Avoid Predatory Publishers and Conferences
- Citing and Citation Managers
- Health Sciences Research
- Systematic Reviews & Other Syntheses
Publication coverage: 1981 - very recent articlesCINAHL provides indexing for more than 3,000 journals from the fields of nursing and allied health. The database contains more than 2.9 million records dating back to 1981. Offering complete coverage of English-language nursing journals and publications from the National League for Nursing and the American Nurses’ Association. CINAHL covers nursing, biomedicine, health sciences librarianship, alternative/complementary medicine, consumer health and 17 allied health disciplines.
Publication coverage: Ovid MEDLINE(R) Epub Ahead of Print, In-Process & Other Non-Indexed Citations and Ovid MEDLINE(R) 1946 to PresentOvid MEDLINE ® covers the international literature on biomedicine, including the allied health fields and the biological and physical sciences, humanities, and information science as they relate to medicine and health care. Information is indexed from approximately 5,600 journals published world-wide.
- INANE - The International Academy of Nursing Editors produces a white list of Nursing journals that meet their standards for publication. Their stated goal is "to help nurse authors find a suitable and reputable journal in which to publish their work".
- JCR - Journal Citation Reports. A summary of citation metrics from the 10,000+ journals and proceedings indexed in Web of Science.
News & events
Queen’s University Library (QUL) is engaging in a 30-day trial of an exciting new resource.