The Education collection and related services are located on Queen's University's West Campus in McArthur Hall. The collection includes books for children & teens, teacher resources, K-12 school textbooks, Ministry of Education documents, scholarly books, and a multimedia collection of videos (DVD and online video), kits, posters, CDs, big books, and more. Thousands of e-books and e-journals complement these collections. Educational technology available in the Education Library includes 2 SMART Boards, an ELMO document camera, and teaching areas fully equipped with ceiling data projectors that are connected to computers, DVD players and sound systems.
The Education Guides offer starting points and recommended resources from our print and online collections for researchers and educators. Use them to find your way into the education-related scholarly literature or to discover curriculum-related materials for your classroom.
- Primary / Junior Guides
- Intermediate / Senior Guides
- Education Research
- Continuing Teacher Education
- Professional Studies (CTE)
- Queen's School of English
- Passwords for Faculty of Education
Teacher candidates, we have a large collection of professional journals for teachers, including:
- ETFO Voice (Elementary Teachers' Federation of Ontario)
- Education Forum (Ontario Secondary School Teachers' Federation)
- Professionally Speaking (Ontario College of Teachers)
- Education Canada (Canadian Education Association)
- Educational Leadership (Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development, U.S.)
Documentaries from television and radio, news reports, archival material, stock shots and more — thousands of programs and resources can be accessed on this site. Includes English and French language content.
Health & Physical Education Curriculum Resources: Grade 1-8
These resources were developed to support implementation of Ontario’s 2010 H&PE Curriculum.
News & Events
Earlier this summer, Health Sciences Librarian Paola Durando taught the important skill of literature searching to a class of 56 students in the Master of Science in Healthcare Quality program. This is the third year Durando has taught this session.
Exhibit: Indigenous Research Design and Scholarship
Location: Bracken Health Sciences Library
Dates: Aug. 14 – Sept. 30, 2019