Queen’s Journal Hosting Service provides an immediate and efficient publication facility for Queen’s faculty and students who wish to publish an online journal or series. The publishing platform supported by the Library is Open Journal Systems (OJS). the latest software release supported is OJS version 3.0.2.
We wish to provide support for as many file formats as possible. Over time, items stored in QSpace will be preserved as is, using a combination of time-honored techniques for data management and best practices for digital preservation. As for specific formats, however, the proprietary nature of many file types makes it impossible to make guarantees. Put simply, our policy for file formats is, everything put in QSpace will be retrievable using appropriate software. At this time no guarantees can be made regarding the upgrading of older file formats.
Authors who submit their work to QSpace retain the copyright to their work, unless they explicitly give it away to a third party. Queen's University Library does not seek or claim copyright on any of the works submitted to QSpace. For more information on copyright clearance for published work, click here.
Roles and Responsibilities
This section presents the tasks required to start a QSpace Community.
- Initial contact with prospective community
- QSpace demonstration to wider community group
- QSpace documentation is made available (policy documents, etc.)
- Community coordinator is assigned
Community defines and provides:
- The work must be produced, submitted or sponsored by the Queen's University academic community.
- The work must be related to the academic mission of the Queen's community.
- The work must be contributed in digital form.
- The author/owner should be willing and able to grant Queen's University the right to preserve and distribute the work via QSpace. The author must have copyright permission for the contents of the work submitted. Where the work to be deposited has been published, approval may be required from the publisher.
A subject repository is an online repository of open access literature dedicated to a specific field or discipline. Research works, such as journal articles, conference proceedings, working papers etc., are deposited by researchers based at any number of institutions and are often international in coverage.
Publish your final, peer-reviewed accepted manuscript in an Open Access Journal. Access is free to the final published versions of articles, immediately on publication.
Publish in your journal of choice
How to Comply:
We offer an on-campus retrieval service, where students, faculty and staff can request that material on the shelf in one campus location be sent to another campus location for pickup by the requestor.